Friday, April 11, 2014

Afghanistan

Maybe you can help me with the following questions: 1. After 12years of fighting , and our multi- billion dollars of infrastructure building and military training etc etc, can the Taliban really be " poised "to take over the country when we leave this year? 2. Where does the Taliban get its money, weapons and military training? How can it possibly match what we have done and what we have provided " our" Afghans? 3. In addition we are told that polls show that more than 85% of Afghans hate the Taliban ( not to mention how they would treat women), so where is the large scale public support for a Taliban takeover of the country? 4. Finally I've always wondered why our Afghans are so much worse fighters than the Taliban Afghans? I never understood why our fighters even needed much training since my reading of Afghan history is that Afghans are literally " born with a rifle in their hands". I assume the Taliban has not received sophisticated military training like we have provided. Who would have done the training ? Suffice it to say that I just don't get what's going on there , and can't believe the Taliban will really take over the country and undo whatever progress , especially for women, has occurred there for over the last decade. It just makes no sense to me , so maybe you can enlighten me. Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment